S.W. Doughty Butchers have a rare opening for a full-time butcher to join their small, experienced team at the traditional shop in the village of Doddington, Kent.
For over 100 years, the Doughty name has been known for providing an outstanding quality of meat with an unbeatable provenance to the surrounding community and beyond. Also, being one of the few butchers to still have their own private abattoir onsite, as well as own native cattle and lamb farm.
This role offers the opportunity to be able to take real pride in the quality/provenance of meat being prepared for customers whilst being able to use the full range of artisan butchery skills.
· This fantastic opportunity will suite a motivated individual with butchery experience.
· Must be a team player: a positive, enthusiastic attitude is equally as important as skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Must have a strong attention to detail, taking pride and care in all work and presentation.
· Able to work independently, practical and reliable.
· High standard of hygiene and food safety practices.
· Meat/carcass preparation for both shop, private customer deliveries and catering.
· Able to demonstrate skilled mastery butchery in all areas – or the potential/drive to develop these skills.
· Use of scales and till system in the shop and for catering preparation.
· Assisting customers in the shop, and the flexibility to ensure non-meat items are set up and monitored to a high standard when required.
· Open to considering all levels of experience.
· Excellent/competitive starting salary available, dependent on skills and experience.
· Working Hours are five days a week.
· Workplace Pension Available.
· 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Must be able to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work.
Experience: Butchering: 1 year
Work Location: In person
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org